I have been doing a lot of work on my streaming and podcasting setup for a while now and have decided to use this page to list what I am using and update it as I go on.
My PC is one I built myself and its not the most amazing setup, but this is the basic configfuration and I think it works ok for my needs.
- CPU:- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- CPU Cooler:- Corsair H100i Elite Capellix
- Motherboard:- ASrock X570 Steel Legend
- RAM:- Corsair Vengeance RGG Pro DDR4 3600 16GB x 2 (32GB in total)
- SSD:- Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 1TB x 2
- GPU:- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 8GB Ultra Gaming
- Wi-Fi:- Intel 7265
- PSU:- Corsair RM750
- Case:- Corsair 4000X Black
- Case Fans:- Corsair ML120 Pro RGB x 4
- Keyboard:- Corsair K100 RGB OPX
- Mouse:- Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro
- Mousepad:- Corsair RGB Polaris MM800 Hard Surface
- Speakers:- Logitech G560
- Capture Card:- Elgato 4k60 Pro
- Capture Card:- Elgato HD60 Pro
- Main Monitor:- Viewsonic XG2405
- Secondary Monitor:- HP L1740
- VR Headset:- Oculus Quest 2
- VR Headset Headphones:- Logitech G333 VR Gaming Headphones
- Macropad:- Elgato Stream Deck XL
- Foot Pedal:- Elgato Stream Deck Pedal
- Headset:- Corsair HS50
There are also a couple of older HDDs in the machine, a 2TB which was savaged from a Sky + HD box, a 1TB drive I bought about 15 years ago and a 500GB drive I use as a scratch drive for editing work. I would like to change the 1TB drive to a 4TB one.
I have a selection of game controllers I use to play games on my PC, I have a few retro consoles whose controllers can be used via USB or though the use of an adaptor.
For my NES & SNES needs, I use the controllers from the NES & SNES Mini consoles alone with an adaptor for those.
I also have a pair of 3 button USB controllers for the Mega Drive from the Mega Drive Mini and a pair of original PlayStation Controllers from the PlayStation Classic.
My future plans are to add a fight stick to play some fighting games, and if I can get hold of one, a Steam Controller.
- Standard Game Controller:- Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 with Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 & PowerA Spectra
- Steam Controller:- Valve Steam Controller
- NVIDIA Shield Controller:- Nvidia Shield Controller P2920
- Stadia Controller:- Stadia Controller (Bluetooth Mode)
- Retro Xbox Controller:- Hyperkin Duke Green Limited Edition
- Xbox 360 Controller:- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Black
- Playstation Controller:- DualSense Wireless Controller x 2
- Switch Controller:- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Universal Retro Controller:- 8Bitdo SN30 Pro USB Gamepad G Classic Edition x 2
- Mega Drive Controller:- Retro-Bit Official SEGA Mega Drive 6 Button USB Arcade Pad
- Neo Geo Controller:- Neo Geo Mini Official Controller Pad (White)
- Saturn Controller:- Retro-Bit Official SEGA Saturn USB Control Pad
- Retro Joystick:- Mad Catz USB Arcade Game Stick for Xbox 360
- Nintendo 64 Controller:- Retro-Bit Tribute 64 USB for PC
- GameCube Controller:- Indigo Standard Controller & Wavebird
- GameCube/Wii/Nintendo Classic Mini Controller Adaptor:- BestOff Wireless Adaptor x 2
I also have a Mega Drive 3-Button Controller, NES controller SNES Controller, CD32 Controller and PC Engine Turbo Pad that came with the relevant mini consoles!
I stream most games from consoles, simply because it means I can allocate more computer power to making the stream look good, I mostly stream from Xbox Series S and Switch, but also have some retro mini consoles to stream from as well.
The next thing I want to pick up is a Mega Drive Mini 2.
- Xbox:- Xbox Series S
- Xbox Controller:- Xbox Wireless Controller (Robot White)
- Xbox Storage:- Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive & Seagate 1TB Storage Expansion Card
- Xbox Battery Charger:- BEBONCOOL Battery Packs and Charger Dock
- Playstation:- Sony Playstation Classic
- Playstation:- Playstation 5
- Switch:- Nintendo Switch Neon Grey 2019 Revision
- NES:- Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System
- SNES:- Nintendo Classic Mini – Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Commodore 64:- C64 Mini
- Mega Drive:- SEGA Mega Drive Mini
- PC Engine:- PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini
- Amiga:- A500 Mini
Downstairs in the Living Room, I also have an Xbox Series X, which allows for 4K gaming as well as watching 4K UHD Blu-Rays.
For audio input I originally used an MXL 990 going into a Behringer Mixer, but to simplify my setup, I have changed over to an Elgato Wave 3 microphone.
I also replaced a cheapo microphone army with a really good Røde arm, although the microphone is perhaps a little too light for it.
- Microphone:- Elgato Wave 3
- Shock Mount:- Elgato Wave Shock Mount
- Pop Filter:- Elgato Wave Pop Filter
- Microphone Arm:- Røde PSA1
My video camera is a secondhand Sony A5100 that I got on clearance from a camera ship that was closing down, and very happy with that choice too, as it’s an excellent camera for the price.
My face camera used to be an old GoPro Hero 3 Black I got off eBay which gave a nice wide image that looked really good.
But I have now replaced that with a Sony ZV-1 for its excellent auto focus capability.
- Facecam:- Sony ZV-1
- Overdesk Camera:- Sony A5100
- Secondary Camera:- Elgato Facecam
- Camera Capture Card:- Elgato Camlink 4K
- Camera Mounts:- Elgato Multi-Mount x 2, Flex Arm Kits L x 2 & Wallmount x 2
- Lights:- Elgato Key Light Air x 2
- CPU:- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- CPU Cooler:- AMD Wraith Stealth
- Motherboard:- MSI B450M Mortar Max
- RAM:- Corsair Vengeance RGG Pro DDR4 3600 16GB
- SSD:- Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 1TB
- GPU:- EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti XC Black Gaming 6GB
- PSU:- GameMax RGB 550W Modular PSU
- Case:- Corsair iCue 220T RGB Airflow (White)
- Case Fans:- Corsair ML120 Pro RGB x 5
- Keyboard:- E-Yooso Z-88 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard TKL with Blue Switches (White)
- Mouse:- Reddragon M711 Cobra Gaming Mouse (White)
- Speakers:- Creative Labs Pebbles 2.0 (White)
- Main Monitor:- AOC 22V2Q