This week has been all about my sore back, it’s been really bad. I pulled a muscle at Warhammer World a couple of weeks ago and it’s been gradually getting worse. I even ended up being taken into the Urgent Care Clinic on Thursday to see what could be done for me, it was that bad. Thankfully since then it has calmed down a little, but it still hurts.
Other than that, I have been sat in the den at home painting, and this week I completed a couple of units that finished off my Word Bearers as I envisioned them.
It was last June I bought the first items that would go on to form my Word Bearers, the very first being a pack of Telerac Pattern Volkite Culverins and it was that which I used to finish off a Heavy Support Squad which was the last unit I painted for this army.
Originally thy were going to be for a squad in MKIV Armour, but when Burning of Prospero hit, I changed my mind and they ended up in MKIII Armour. I used one half of the sprue for an Ultramarines Heavy Support Squad armed with Ryza Pattern Lascannons, and the rest of the sprue has been sitting in my studio since then.
The penultimate unit was actually Lorgar, a model I have been so afraid of painting, but when I got round to it, wasn’t all that bad, helped by the relative simplicity of his design. I decided to go with red in him so he matched the rest of the army, I did have some issues with his Crozius and was forced to get a replacement part from Forgeworld, but once that was sorted it all went swimmingly.
So that’s it’s for now with regards to the Word Bearers, and here is a photo of the army altogether.
I now have as follows:-
- Veteran Tactical Squad with two Missile Launchers and a Powerfist with a Rhino
- Veteran Tactical Squad with two Heavy Bolters and a Lightning Claw with a Rhino
- Tactical Support Squad with Plasma Guns with a Rhino
- Heavy Support Squad with Missile Launchers
- Heavy Support Squad with Volkite Culverins
- Cataphractii Terminator Squad with Reaper Autocannon, Chainfist and Power Maul
- Tartaros Terminator Squad with Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Volkite Charger and Power Axe
- Tartaros Terminator Squad with Plasma Blaster and Chainfist
- Tartaros Terminator Squad with Reaper Autocannon, Volkite Charger, Power Sword and Chainfist.
- Contemptor Dreadnought with two Twin Linked Volkite Culverins
- Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres Assault Cannon
- Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought with two Kheres Assault Cannons and Havoc Launcher
- Deredeo Dreadnought with Hellfire Plasma Cannonade and Aiolos Missile Launcher
- Mhara Gahl
- Gal Vorbak
- The Ashen Circle
- Praetor Tribune
- Centurion with Early Crusade Honours
- Praetor with Thunderhammer and Combi-Volkite
- Praetor with Chainfist and Combi-Melta
- Chaplain with Plasma Pistol and Jump Pack
- Chaplain with Plasma Pistol
- Primus Medicae
- Company Champion
That makes for 5893pts of Word Bearers depending on upgrades. It’s a nice sized army and one which has gone relatively to plan with only three additions to the original plan, those being the Primus Medicae, the Xiphon Pattern Interceptor and the Deredeo.
Probably going to keep the army like this for now, it works as a Pride of the Legion list and now I suppose as a Primarchs Chosen as well quite nicely.
I have a couple of Medusas that I am thinking of giving to them, but I am unsure about that one to be honest, it’s either that or I sell them, my Ultramarines already have a full compliment of Medusas.
In the future I was considering giving them a Typhon, and a Seeker Squad with a Rhino, but that’s as far as I have got when making future plans for them.
They do also have available to them three Tarantulas with Twin-Linked Lascannons which have been painted up in a neutral scheme, and have up until now only been deployed with my Ultramarines. I also was considering a Lightning, which would also be done in a neutral scheme that would allow me to take it with any of my Imperial Armies.
What I am Modelling
Since I picked up Dark Imperium I knew I wanted a Hellbrute for the Death Guard and so I picked one up, I built it with a Twin Lascannon and a Power Scourge, giving it some good anti-armour which the Death Guard I have are lacking and the extra attacks form the Power Scourge are always welcome, although I will miss the D6 hits from the Powerfists flamer.
Anyway this took a while to do thanks to my sore back but now it’s done I am quite happy with it.
Now that my Word Bearers are complete I am moving into other projects, starting with Blood Angels. Now I have completed a few units for them here and there, a Tactical Squad, Terminator Librarian, Scout Squad and a Death Company Dreadnought, but now me and Megan are going to concentrate on these mostly now and get them done.
Tonight we put the base red on the next Tactical Squad and washed them, and the next step will b to tidy them up and highlight the armour.
What I am Reading
I have read very little, but I did finish listening to Master of Mankind, which was shorter than I remembered it being, it reached its conclusion a lot quicker than I had anticipated. But it’s a very well written book and most enjoyable.
What I am Playing
Last Tuesday at the Raiders I played a 2000pt game of 8th Edition Warhammer 40,000 against Tyranids which included a Scythed Hierodule. I took Chaos which included a Spartan, Deredeo and a Xiphon and it was a brutal game. I managed to take out the Hierodule early one using the 12 Lascannons I had on the field and that was quite satisfying.
I took a lot of damage midgame and struggled to deal with some units like Genestealers and the Malanthrope made it quite difficult for me to take out his Hive Tyrant.
But at the end of the game I was victorious on cards, my MVP of the game was hard to pick out, but I think it was the Spartan, the 8 Lascannons really pack quite a punch, and it’s given me some lessons on what I need for my Tyranids, an Exocrine will get added to my to buy list I think.
We followed that up by playing two games of Chemistry Fluxx.
What I am Backing
Currently got noting I am backing, but I am looking at a couple of projects so watch this space.
What I am Spending
So little, I have bought only a pot of paint this week, so it’s going quite well really!
- Mood: Sore
- Caffeinated Beverages Consumed: 5
- In My Ears: Odds Are by Barenaked Ladies
- Game Last Played: Pandemic Legacy Season 1
- Book Last Read: The Crimson King by Graham McNeil
- Movie/TV Show Last Viewed: Bones
- Current State of Projects: Blood Angels Tactical Squad basecoated and washed.