I have been asked by a couple of people, how I painted my Zone Mortalis Floor Tiles, so I will tell you guys how I did it!
First off, this scheme is the result of lots of googlefu and searching Facebook/Twitter/Instagram for ideas.
None of this is my own original thought, but I didn’t make note of posts that inspired me, so if you see a likely candidate, let me know so I can credit them. There are a few people who contributed to this and I am kicking myself that I didn’t make a note of them!
The first step is to prime the tile black, for this I have used Wilkos Satin Black spray.
I aimed for about 80% – 90% coverage of this.
I then apply it rather heavily to the tile.
Next I sponge on some Fire Dragon Bright, but much lighter this time.
Now we give a thin layer of Iron Warriors, I applied this with a cheap make up brush.
You can skip ahead now if you don’t want to put any hazard markings on your board.
But I apply a couple of thin layers of Averland Sunset to where I want to put the hazard stripes.
Then some masking tape is applied to protec the parts I want to remain yellow.
Then a couple of thin layers of Abaddon Black is applied to the uncovered area.
At this point I now remove the masking tape and begin to rub off the Maskol, be that with a singer, it my finger.
As it comes off it shows the rust effect underarm the Iron Warriors.
I also paint any details I want to be bronze, in this case I used Balthasar Gold.
The final step is to mix Typhus Corrosion 1:1 with water and apply it to the tiles, leaving it to dry for a few seconds before dabbing it off with kitchen towel.
And this is the final stage in how I paint my Zone Mortalis Floor Tiles.
And that how I paint my Zone Mortalis floors, I think it looks ok myself.
- Mood:- Tired
- Caffeinated Beverages Consumed:- 2
- In My Ears:- Even Flow – Pearl Jam
- Game Last Played:- Ticket to Ride London
- Book Last Read:- Sons of the Selenar by Graham McNeil
- Movie/TV Show Last Watched:- I Am Not Okay With This
- Current State of Projects:- T’au Drones about 50% done, Devilfish, Pathfinders and Darkstrider primed. Thermic Plasma Regulators 90% done