I want a full suite of all of the retro consoles, sadly due to money and space, that’s not an option.
And thus I have turned to emulation, mostly using Retroarch.
One thing I need to have are good controllers, if I cannot have the original machine I can at least have a controller that’s as close as possible.
Currently I have the following.
- Mega Drive x 2
- Mega Drive 6 Button
- NES x 2
- SNES x 2
- PlayStation Original x 2
- GameCube (original & Wavebird)
- Madcatz Arcade Joystick
- Xbox One
The N64 is the most recent addition to that list and if I am honest, the next one I want is either a DualShock 4 or even a Dualsense for PlayStation emulation.
The plan is to do some play through videos of some classics from when I was a kid, the first one I want to do is Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, I loved that game, leant it to my friend Simon and never saw it again.
The PlayStation 3 is unused for the most part, so what I have done with that is installed PS3Hen along with a big collection of Mega Drive, Game Gear and Master System Games.
Sadly it won’t run Mega CD or 32X games, which is a shame, but I will live with that, to be honest, I have set it up mostly so the nibblings can play Sonic the Hedgehog, Willem and Brandon really love those games!
I mean every time they come round the first question is, can we play the Hedgehog game.
What I Am Painting
Not much given the needed work for Company of Legends.
But here is a pair of Pallas Grav-Attack for my Legio Custodes.
Right now on my painting desk is the Galvanic Servohaulers for my Zone Mortalis board.
So what’s coming up next week?
- Zone Mortalis Terrain
- Stormcast Eternals Praetors x 3, Knight-Vexillor & Vindictor
- Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbikes x 3
- Stormcast Eternals Anhiliators x 3, Lord-Imperatant & Gryph Hound
- Blitzkrieg German HQ & MG34 MMG Team
- Death Guard Fire Raptor
- Necron Canoptek Wraiths x 6
- Magos Macrotek Enginseer & Servo-Automata x 4
- Flesh-Eater Courts Crypt Flayers x 3
- T’au Ramora Drones x 2
What I Am Reading
I started and finished Outlaw: Relentless by Tristan Palmgreen, and a review for that will be published in the next few days.
What Video Games Am I Playing
Not a lot, a little bit of Forza Horizon 4, and some various retro games when testing out the emulation stuff.
What Tabletop Games Am I Playing
I had a game of Disney Villainous in the week with Megan, in which I obviously lost, but it was a very fun game nonetheless.
I also had a game of Horus Heresy on Saturday but I will talk about that a bit more in next weeks post.
What Am I Creating
Got a couple of videos in post production, fist a Vlog from Company of Legends and the overdue Battle Report.
What I Am Backung
What I Am Cooking
Well I cooked hot dogs for 29 people on Saturday, with Graham’s help!
- Mood:- Knackered
- Caffeinated Beverages Consumed:- 11
- In My Ears:- That’s How You Know – Amy Adams
- Tabletop Game Last Played:- The Horus Heresy
- Video Game Last Played:- Forza Horizon 4
- Book Last Read:– Outlaw: Relentless – Tristan Palmgren
- Movie/TV Show Last Viewed:- Star Trek: Lower Decks
- Current State of Projects:- Galvaic Servohaulers based coated and washed