This weekend we took a trip to North Wales to see two of our polycule members, Paul and Mary get married.
On our way to Wales we stopped in Manchester, where we visited Fanboy 3, Travelling Man and Warhammer, whilst the girls called into their favourite tea shop, Bird and Blend.
We then had lunch at Home Sweet Home, as recommended by David Salisbury of Fanboy 3 fame, and I had a beautiful chicken in a basket with an amazing gravy.
Paul loves trains, potentially in a slightly worrying amount. And unsurprisingly they got married at a heritage railway, but all the way over in Wales.
It was a lovely day and full of lots of fun, the food was quite nice too and I had a lovely bit of Welsh lamb.
We stayed quite a bit away so couldn’t stay the whole night but it was so much fun. it was Steampunk themed so I dressed up as a steampunk engineer.
They even cut the cake with a sword.
The rest of our trip we stayed at a cottage in Bethesda which whilst a bit dated was nice and comfortable.
On Saturday we out on a trip to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, and I murdered any attempt to pronounce the name of the place.
We had a lovely cup of tea in the cafe and I attempted to read welsh words on the menu.
On Sunday we took a drive up to Tryfan and Llyn Bochlwyd and I have to admit that Wales is rather pretty.
On Monday we made our way home via Harrogate, where we stopped off for a break and to stretch our legs.
And now we are almost home, and a Chinese takeaway is the food plan for tonight!
What I Am Painting
Only one thing painted this week due to being away, and that was this Thousand Sons Terminator Squad and Ahriman for Heresy.
So what do next!
- Mechanicum Magos Macrotek Enginseer & Servo-Automata x 4 (Need to locate this!)
- Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists x 6 & Rogue Psykers x 3
- Stormcast Eternals Judicators x 10
- Ork Nobz x 6, Warboss, Painboy & 3 Grots
- Death Korps of Krieg Infantry Squad x 10
- Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank x 2
- Blackstone Fortress Spindle Dones x 6 & Guardian Drones x 2
- Grand Army of the Republic Phase 1 Clone Troopers x 22
- Ork Shockjump Dragsta
- Yndrasta, the Celestial Spear
What I Am Reading
Plodding on with Dark Avengers: The Patriot List by David Guymer and plan to finish it in the next day or so
What Video Games I Am Playing
Played a bit of Halo 3: ODST which I forgot had such an amazing soundtrack.
I also played a bit more State of Decay 2, and I think this is something I will come back to, I only played it for the GamePass Quest, but found myself really enjoying it.
But I was playing it over cloud gaming on a 3G signal so it was very laggy and a bit rubbish.
What Tabletop Games I Am Playing
We played a fair few games whilst away on holiday in North Wales, starting with Munchkin Steampunk.
This was followed by a couple of games of Codenames Pictures.
And finally on Saturday we played Colt Super Express which was really fun!
On Sunday we started with a game of Catch the Moon, which was won by Megan.
Then before lunch we played a game of Ticket to Ride Japan which Lindsay won.
And before tea we played a game of Calico and this time Megan won.
What I Am Creating
I published a battle report, done differently to my others, this one has focused solely on the games narrative rather than getting fussy about dice roles etc.
It’s very rough but I am headed in the right direction at last.
What I Am Backing
Rawr! Velociraptor! was funded and as we said we backed just for the greatest hits album and I look forward to getting that.
What I Am Cooking
Not a sausage yet again 🙁
- Mood:- Worried
- Caffeinated Beverages Consumed:- 7
- In My Ears:- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – The Artic Monkeys
- Tabletop Game Last Played:- Calico
- Video Game Last Played:- Halo 3: ODST
- Book Last Read:– The Patriot List – David Guymer
- Movie/TV Show Last Viewed:- Grace & Frankie
- Current State of Projects:- Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists & Rogue Psykers primed