Our beautiful boy Sir Douglas T Cat has today crossed the Rainbow Bridge after a short battle with cancer.
We first adopted Doug two and a half years ago from the amazing Yarm Cat Rescue, he was a special cat who had first been found with a shattered pelvis, so bad they thought he might be best off being put to sleep.
But Becky worked hard and helped him heal and learn to walk again, which he did not with a wobble, but a swagger.
He was the kindest, most gentle boy, who as soon as he met someone, would make them his best friend, he loved children, and other animals especially.
He was such a force of nature, with a tail that made him a disaster, but he was always wanting to be with people and hugging them, then demanding fuds!
He was a little lamb, and I am going to miss his scruffy face so much, he was just a perfect little cat, who helped his brother Lord Barrington come out of his shell and become a more friendly cat.
Sleep well my champion lad.
What I Am Modelling
We started out with some reinforcements for my Blood Ravens Infernus Squad
And both versions of Minka Lesk, both as a Sgt/Lt and as a Captain
Followed by the Putrid Blightkings for Warhammer Quest
After which I painted Lilith for my Drukhari
And a Rhino for Legions Imperialis in Ultramarines colours
Then a couple of Ork Trukks for Waaagh Lindskull
Plan is currently very flexible as I need a paint restock so stuff is delayed until then
- Ultramarines Infiltrators x 10
- Battle Sisters x 11 & Repentia Superior
- Shootas x 40
- Blood Ravens Sternguard Veterans x 5 & Lieutenant in Phobos Armour
- Imperial Fists Whirlwind Scorpius
- Hobgrot Slittaz x 10
- Termagants x 20
- Ultramarines Aggressors x 3
- Gutrippas x 10
- Fungoid Cave Shaman
What I Am Reading
- Blood Sands by Victoria Hayward
- Less than Human by Steve Lyons
- Hell Fist by Justin Woolley
- The Reward of Loyalty by Tom Chivers
- The Sum of Its Parts by Rhuairidh Jame
I also read The Desert Threat by Yan Leisheng, which sadly shares most of the faults of its predecessor.
What Video Games I Am Playing
I finished Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD.
And I started on Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag!
What I Am Spending
Not much, but I did buy a couple of bits of DLC in preparation of playing Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Crusader & Florentine Pack
- Death Vessel Pack
- Time Saver: Collectibles Pack
- Time Saver: Activities Pack
It was also Humble Choice, and that got me
- Expeditions: Rome
- Midnight Fight Express
- Elex II
- Nobody Saves the World
- The Gunk
- The Pale Beyond
- Last Call BBS
- From Space
And I got a few games on the cheap too to add to the Steam Library
I also had to replace my phone, I had hoped to make my iPhone 12 last 4 years, but its Wi-Fi module on the SOC failed on Friday and it could no longer do any kind of network connectivity at all.
So I ordered an iPhone 15 Pro, the big advantage is that I can now get rid of my Lighting cables and move to just USB-C for everything but my power bank.
I intend to replace the power bank next year with a USB-C one, so once that’s done, I am a totally USB-C man for charging my personal electronics, other than the MagSafe for my watch.
- Mood:- Very very sad
- Caffeinated Beverages Consumed:- 4
- In My Ears:- Semper Servientes – Pawl Perepelica
- Tabletop Game Last Played:- The Horus Heresy
- Video Game Last Played:- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- Book Last Read:- The Sum of its Parts – Rhuairidh James
- Audiobook Last In My Ears:- Krieg – Steve Lyons
- Movie Last Viewed:- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- TV Show Last Viewed:- Monk
- Podcast Last In My Ears:- The WAN Show
- Current State of Projects:- Ultramarines getting the first two basecoats